Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two things

Loyal readers,

I realize that my posts have been littered with grammatical and spelling errors. Please forgive me and rest assured, I do know the difference between their and there and they're; I blame autocorrect for my more egregious typos and spelling errors. I mean, I have to blame someone! So please be patient with me, and if there is a error so glaring you feel embarrased for me, feel free to note it in the comments section or send me an email. Just be gentle--I need all the help I can get...

Moving forward...

I am getting very excited for the Old Town Art Fair this weekend. I love art fairs even though I rarely buy anything and the crowds can be overwhelming. Of course the weather is always a factor. I think last year it was overcast and rainy and expect it will be the same this year or blisteringly hot. My vote is for blistering heat--no, maybe light rain is better because it will be less crowded. The masses can take the heat--the wet, not so much. I am not even being cynical, just realistic. It is all about managing expectations people.

Balloon Tree (note the Fruit Loops)

One of the best artists I have discovered through the art fair circuit is Steve Tomashek. He sells photographs of vignettes he creates with everyday objects and these adorable little animals he carves. My sister first intorduced me to him and although he will not be at this weekend's fair, his work can be seen at www.ministeve.com. I am planning to buy the 'Balloon Tree' above for Pierce's room once we move, though a collection of them would be nice too--they are so fun, whimsical and happy.

Happy Birthday Annie!

Xoxo,
Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment