Thursday, June 9, 2011

High and dry

The week started with extreme heat and then two nights ago the sky turned yellow and the rain came storming through. It is like mother nature had a high fever that finally broke. Now it is cool and rainy. Hopefully we will have a nice sun-shiney weekend.

The silver lining to this crashing thunder cloud is that I get to put Pierce in his adorable new raincoat. It is a little big on him but hopefully will last all summer and through the fall and was only $32 on Amazon. They have other patterns but this was my favorite.

iPlay midweight raincoat, available at Amazon

Pierce waiting for my mom, his Susu

I am on the search for orange children's wellies to match though no rush as he is still mastering the art of, um, walking

Holding an umbrella might also be a stretch but I might have to get this one anyway


The name says it all: Melissa and Doug Sunny Patch Happy Giddy Umbrella

I never really wanted an umbrealla until I came across this one sometime in high school. I love the traditional exterior and playful interior, the blue sky peaking through. I think I ended up getting it for Christmas and while it was with me for a long time I have no idea where it is now. Hopefully keeping some friend of a friend dry.


Tibor Kalman's Sky Umbrella

If I am to invest in another umbrella though, I will have to go with this one. I saw someone carrying a similar brightly colored umbrella recently and it made me smile. This one takes it a step further with not eight but twenty four different colored panels.

Color Wheel Stick Umbrella

Both available at www.momastore.org

But where to keep such umbrellas? Nobody puts this baby in the closet. Here are a few of my favorites:




Entry by Albert Hadley
I suspect I could find something similar and relatively inexpensive, the search begins...


Okay, the little stand in the corner is pretty non-descript but I loved the excuse to post this room, one of my favorites by Tom Scheerer. I love that lattice wallpaper (Lyford Trellis by Quadrille) and the hexagonal skirted table with the tape outline. So clever- and nothing precious about it.


Search over, sorry Albert, I found the stand for me.

Entry by Jonathan Adler

Look at that owl! You know Jonathan found him on the Dixie Highway or some random house sale and just had to have it. Heck, maybe the owners even inherited it and Jonathan convinced them not to throw it away (I think my family has quite a few umbrella stands in storage). It has such character. I was delighted to find this little guy available on Amazon too!



Two's Company Owl Stand
(I will be tempted to paint his eyes black like the one in the photo above)
Do you think this would make a convincing Father's Day present? For all of Jack's enormous golf umbrellas? Might be a bit of a stretch...

Okay- el diablo has awoken and we have to get to music class and then the Mart for me.

Have a great weekend!

Xoxo,
Jenny

1 comment: