Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Paper source


Image via Pinterest


When I was young I would go to work with my dad about once a year.  This was a big event.   I would take off school and get dressed up and we would take the train downtown and go out to lunch and maybe the zoo in the afternoon.


We still have photocopies from those office visits, similar to the one above. 


They are, to me, some of the most touching images and I always get a little choked up whenever I come across them now.  


I remember my dad punching in his copy code, required at his big law office.


I remember making copies of whatever lucky stuffed animal I chose to bring with me.  


Of our hands, the side of my face, the side of my dad's face.  Our glasses.


Most of all, I remember what a fun adventure it was, never knowing what a complete hassle it must have been for him having me there.  A joy too, of course.  But still.


I am going to start doing this with Pierce, today, and wanted to share with you a great product my mom introduced to me a few years ago:



No, they are not all the same.

It is soft to the touch but not shiney and makes great copies.  Perfect for printing out dozens of tearsheets and nice enough to use for more official documents.


Not sure how our handprints will come out- my small Epson printer might not work as well as a larger one used in an office.


But I will try.  And if it doesn't work out, perhaps a trip to Kinkos is in the cards.

Xox,
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. Great post Jenny! I remember visiting my Dad at his law office too. I would write notes to all of the paralegals and secretaries apologizing for my Dad being "so mean." haha AND Thank you for this printer copy paper resource. I love paper! xo Sam

    ReplyDelete