Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Plaid men: take II

There are no words.


It is that time of year when I bring out my "party pants", winter's answer to my summer stand-by.

I rarely wear pants, but this is one seasonal exception, and between now and late February, I will don these timeless tartan trousers:

A sampling.

For the month of December, I will often pair with one of my pairs of plaid pumps.  


The only thing better than tartan is layered tartan, no?

I have been a devoted fan of this festive fabric forever and was so excited when this book came out:


My copy was lost in the move and will hopefully resurface soon.

I remember my parents' holiday parties as a sea of plaid, each as likely to be my father, or mother, as the next.  I finally bought my own pair from J. Crew years ago, for a Scottish-highland-themed party.  They continued to come out with plaid pants every holiday season, but then changed the styling and I stopped buying them.  I added to my collection a few years later when J. McLaughlin came out with their own version.  What is it about us J's and our tartan pants?


And what other article of clothing can I realistically see myself wearing well into my 80's and 90's?


A solid investment, if you ask me.

Which is why I roped Jack into the game with his own pair from Brooks Brothers, and I have my eye on this black watch pattern from Orvis:


Dare I get carried away on this site...

While I prefer my plaid more preppy than hipster- I may have to invest these skinny pants for Pierce, from Gwen Stefani's line at Target when it debuts... in four days.

Anyway, you can imagine my delight last week when I stumbled upon this pair:


While they are "factory", and not 100% wool, they are quite soft and cut just the way I like.  No bells or whistles.

And how conveeenient that my mom just found this cute pair for Pierce- his very first party pants!


You know we never pass up an opportunity to coordinate.

No need to ask: we planned it.

Xox,
Jenny




4 comments:

  1. Searching for the perfect modern kilts items? We offer custom made affordable and well-made kilts for the modern man in different and unique styles. Shop Now. Kilts are making their way back into the mainstream of fashion, and along the way, they have received some upgrades to their original designs. The modern kilts are shown here put a contemporary twist on classic kilts, giving you a blend of utility kilts, denim kilts and even classic tartan kilts that are suited for modern-day, casual wear. Take a look at the modern kilts here and find the best one to incorporate into your kilt ensembles today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kilts for sale Black Friday and Cyber Monday , Big Collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of the vegan yarns now come in a variety of styles and weights now- there are vegan yarns suitable for knitting socks, Neulepuikot

    ReplyDelete