Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5.29.11: Rainbow Bright

Hello again. After a brief hiatus I am back. Blog ideas are constantly swirling through my my mind though I think it will take a bit of discipline to keep this thing going. This spring- if you could even call it that- has been dark and wet and gloomy and cold. So many plans have been cancelled or ruined because of the weather I am just starting to expect it. The sun is finally shining though today and I think- hope- that spring, okay, summer, is finally here. One of the things that inspires me most is color. I am a very visual person and am always drawn to color- in nature, clothing, food, anywhere. No surprise then that I am just nuts for all of the rainbow-inspired ideas out there. They are so happy- and what could be more cheerful on a dark and gloomy day. Below are a few of my favorites...

Xoxo,
Jenny Brown


I was so taken by my sons little toy on this alphabet mat



And I thought my streamers were festive- can you believe this? Most impressive is that she made those dotted streamers. Check out how she did it at Ockickadee.blogspot

image via everydayrainbow.it

And talk about creative storage. As if I didn't love colored pencils enough- and I probably have about this many....


How cute is this cake for a child's birthday from Whisk Kid- I think the key is the thick layers of white icing between each layer of cake

Image by Chotda


And lastly, say what you will, but bookshelves organized by color just look great. We did this in our office before it was turned into a nursery and I always try to arrange my son's bookshelf (our only remaining bookshelf in the house *sob*) by color though his favorite activity is taking all of the books off the shelf so I do not always have time to arrange them as I like...


No comments:

Post a Comment