Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hats off!

Another beautiful day in Chicago! My son and I were out for a walk at 6:30 this morning- I took him to the lake. It was peaceful. I even let him out of the stroller to play and crawl around in the grass. We have a little patch of grass in front of our apartment and the first time we put him on it he scurried back to the pavement- I think it scared him- pitiful! But I guess that is city living. And he was having fun this morning- it is a softer landing, especially as he is trying to walk.

I had him in his PJs and this adorable pale blue and white checked hat my mom bought for him. I love it and he has a matching swim suit- both which fit him so perfectly I worry they won't fit by August. But, sadly, I do not have to worry about that now because after we continued on our walk I eventually arrived at the new Trader Joe's in our neighborhood and discovered that his hat was GONE!! He clearly took it off, which he does all the time, and threw it out of the stroller. I didn't see it happen. I literally retraced my steps- twice- all the way back to the lake and then all the way back to the store but no hat. It was very windy so I wonder if it actually blew it in the lake. Who knows... Here is the style of said hat from one of my favorite children's clothing lines, Bella Bliss.


and the pattern:


I actually have a credit so am just going to buy the same hat again in one size up. I bought this hat in white but returned it when I found this hat from a company called A. Tierney- which is so darn cute and old school I can hardly stand it and makes my son look like both of his grandfathers. When I washed it though it shrank a bit so I may need to buy a size up of this too- that what you get with 90% head circumference!




Lastly, my friends' son was wearing this hat at our reunion last weekend and they say it is the only hat he will not take off. It is deeper, like the bucket hat and has what appears to be a velcro strap so no awkward bows. And cute to boot- it also comes in white and pink. I am definitely going to invest in a few asap- by Circo and available at Target for $6.99. I might even have to add his initials with those flocked iron-on letters I love so much that cost next to nothing at Michael's. At that price it will not be nearly as sad if it get lost on the stroll...


I prefer this font, but in white (or maybe navy...):
Nap time so back to work for me!

Xoxo,
Jenny Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment