Wednesday, June 15, 2011

All in the family

Image via Vogue.com. Lilly with her oldest daughter, Grace.


Oh happy day! My first mention on another blog by Jack's cousin Lilly (short for Camilla-don't you love that?).

While Lilly is no stranger to press, she jumped to international stardom (surely) when she was featured as an 'it girl' on Vogue.com in 2010. She started blogging soon thereafter and showcases client and personal DIY projects. This gift for a Goddaughter is one of my favorites....


How sweet is this? Lilly painted it to match her Goddaughter's D. Porthault sheets, divine...


This pattern was inspired by the Duke and Dutchess of Windsor

Okay, this is the actual pattern Lilly used on the chair. And not too femme for a baby boy, is it? maybe just a crib sheet?


While by no means inexpensive, Schweitzer Linens' Lovable sheets will get you the look for less. I love this crib bedding, though we all know that you can only have a crib sheet- and nothing else- in the crib when the baby arrives...

Lilly's Notebook was a huge inspiration to me in starting this blog- she initially asked for feedback and I was constantly thinking of ideas that eventually lead me to get online.

My favorite element of Lilly's blog though is her wonderful renderings for clients' projects.

These kind of make me want to trash my photoshop. Just imagine how much her daughters (and granddaughters!) will treasure them. I would love to see a wall of them with colorful mats, framed in white. Perfect for Daisy and Grace's first New York apartment, no?

Lastly, through Lilly, I have found a number of other inspiring blogs, including The Selby, with a photographers photos of his friends' crazy/eccentric homes and Little Green Notebook- by Jenny Komenda, the Martha of the DIY blogosphere. But more on them later...

Another rainy morning and I have to get to work!

Xoxo,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Jenny!!! Love the sketches you included! So fun and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete