Monday, November 7, 2011

Class act

On Wednesday I went back to the Public hotel for a party in honor of Derek Blasberg's new book, Very Classy.


My mother and I have quite the collection of style-guide books.  We can't resist their promise of effortless glamour and improved overall existence. 


(A sampling of our combined collection)


We are forever trying to be more French.  Wait, no, Parisian.

I had vetted out Derek, the editor-at-large of Harpers Bazaar, with a former colleague of his, and mine, and she assured me that he was both "amazing" and "hilarious".  Clearly young Derek, who is not yet 30, is doing something right. 


He is also native of St. Louis, and we bonded over East coasters misconceptions about the Midwest...


(Thanks Annie!)

The book looks hilarious and is chock full of tips and advice in a readable format, including charts, how-to's, Q&As, diagrams and quite a few photos of the author himself, with his many well heeled friends.  

My mom's birthday is this week so I asked Derek to sign a copy for her.  He wished her a happy birthday and and then sweetly complimented her on yours truly.


Flattery will get you everywhere.


Xox,
Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment