Monday, July 4, 2011

Face off

Finally here.

It always takes a few days to acclimate. Pierce has been a tad fussy and I feel his pain. It is as if we have jet lag and are perpetually tired and sensitive. We are taking it slow and steady and not trying to do too much. I love that the fourth is today, Monday, so we have had the whole weekend to adjust to our new surroundings

(don't worry- I'm on it)

I woke up this morning with that old familiar feeling in a not so familiar place. That first vacation-burn on none other than my face, or, more specifically, my forehead and the tip of my nose. What a rookie move. My old boss would yell at me when I arrived at work on Monday with even a touch of color on my cheeks. I would think of her when I put on my SPF every morning.

I guess this is what happens when I am my own boss.

A few months ago I had a facial and the esthetician recommended that I use this sunscreen, which you can find at most pharmacies. I bought mine at Walgreens, and, along with my iPod and new book, left it at home.

I don't buy makeup often and rarely try new things. Maybe an eye liner or a different mascara or lip gloss. I always use these, though:
Bobbie Brown Bronzing Powder, color #2 or "Medium". There are now seven different color options on their website and no numbers. I think there used to just be Light, Medium and Dark. 1-2-3. I once bought their Illuminating Bronzer but it had a little sparkle to it and I did not like that. Then it broke. My latest bronzer also broke and I brought it to the counter at Nordstrom and without saying a word the man behind the counter replaced it. Thank you Nordstrom. Thank you Bobbi Brown.


For years I used one of these bamboo handled brushes that I picked up at an art store for about $2. I learned that it was used for wetting paper before painting when I took a water color class about three years ago.

Then I upgraded to this brush that my friend had from Target by Sonia Kashuk. A little pricier at $17.99 but I prefer it to the bamboo one, and still pretty inexpensive. You can see her whole collection here.

I started using Benetint in college. My mom told me that I looked like I had a high fever after a rather heavy handed application once. I like it so much because it looks natural, not cake-y like powder blushes can appear.


They came out with the Posie Tint a few years ago and I started using it as it was not as strong as the original. It is a little thicker too and you have to put it on your fingers as it tends to leave a mark if you apply it directly to your face from the brush.
I just saw this on their website. I guess it is a little peachier, or "mango-tinted". Cha Cha Cha indeed! Will have to try when we get back in town and I am kind of bummed they didn't mention it to me when I was in the store last week.

Okay, a beautiful day here and we have got to get out on the boat. Promise to wear my sunscreen today. On my face, at least...

Happy Fourth of July!

Xoxo,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment