Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stash


The Old Fashioned Neighborhood Bank 'billboard' on the Germania Club Building in Chicago

Last night I went out to dinner with my brother/sister-in law and another couple. We took the boat to Omena to a restaurant called the Knot and had a great dinner that was made even more fun with the addition of these fake mustaches I found from a wedding Jack and I had attended last year.

So, so much more...


What is it about mustaches that are so funny?

There is a picture somewhere of a dinner party my grandmother attended, probably in the 60s, with everyone wearing these Groucho Marx masks.

This pair only got 2 stars on amazon but you can buy another pair with 4 stars for 15 cents more here.

A while back the New York Times asked five designers to choose 10 photographs from their archives, which they would reproduce and sell. Jonathan Adler, one of my favorite designers, selected photographs of people all dressed up wearing masks, like this one:


Going Groucho, by John Sotomayor, 1974, available here

This must have been some sort of trend but I think we should bring it back. There is something so silly and offsetting about putting on masks, or in this case, mustaches, in such formal attire where people can tend to fancy themselves a little too fancy.

The mustache is as popular now as it has ever been. I quick search on Urban Outfitters produced 24 hits! Here are some of my favorites but you can view them all here.


Mustache Necklace, $18


Toddland Mustache Trucker Hat, $29


Mustache Pillowcase set, $34


Giant Mustache Magnet, $14

I would love to see a fleet of these.


Monsieur Mustache Pint, $8. Everything tastes better with a mustache.

And if this leaves you wanting more, go here for 101 more mustache items.

Lastly, by request, Pierce at his friend's birthday party a few months ago:

Shelby Orions Photography

You can tell he's thrilled

Xoxo,
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. Loving this mustache craze! Great finds! My husband has decided to sport the stash and the beard. I have to say though, I like it. xo Samantha

    ReplyDelete