Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Town and Country

San Francisco Street

If you haven't already met, let me introduce you to another favorite local artist: Josh Moulton.

Hi Josh!

I met Josh almost two years ago at an opening reception for his work. I went with friends after meeting for drinks for someone's birthday and remember that I had just found out that I was pregnant and was trying to be stealth not drinking.

The next time I saw him was at Pierce's first visit to the pediatrician's office where he was with his wife and newborn baby girl.

Then, about three weeks ago, I was driving down Clark Street and saw someone hanging a banner bearing his name above a storefront.


I knew I had to check it out and stopped by the following week on a walk with Pierce. Josh works in both acrylic and watercolor. He finds his inspiration on both coasts and abroad, and, of course, sweet home...

State Street

Nothing says "Chicago" like the Marshall Field's clock, Walgreens, the El, Marina City (in the background) and, oh, the "Chicago" sign at the Chicago Theater

Zagreb Facade, 2005

The Pearl: New Orleans

It's all in the details.

Soho Windows

His works all have a unique perspective, like finding beauty in the fire escapes that others might try to ignore or just omit.


LaSalle Flower Shop

I always smile when I pass this storefront and its retro neon sign.

The photograph

The painting (same block, different view): The Birches of Old Town

The Erulkar House, Lake Forest

What a wonderful gift a custom painting would make for your spouse or parents or in-laws.

Port Clyde, Maine



He sells smaller prints of a selection of his paintings for $50

Idle Bouys

Ah, summer.

Josh is having a gallery reception on July 28th at 6pm and you can read more about his work and background here.

Enjoy!

Xo,
Jenny

1 comment: