Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Little white tank top


(This reminds me of Pierce. Must be his bald head. And his shades.)

Boy, it is hot.

And while we are blessed with central air, for some reason Pierce's room cannot cool down so he has been sleeping in his onesies instead of his usual pjs:


For months and months I snapped and unsnapped his darling little rompers. What was I thinking? My mother discovered these for me. Its all about the zipper.

Hanna Anderson rompers, available here for $26 (and also at Costco, in different but equally cute patterns, for less).

These clever little pjs have no feet, so babies can grow into them without falling all over themselves. Pierce still fits in his Christmas-Frog version from seven months ago. And they are organic. You've really outdone yourself this time, Hanna.

But no, it is too hot for all of that coverage. So we opt for one of his simple white onesies:
Carter's 5 pack, always on sale- around $18 but even less in store or with online coupons

I have been buying these onesies since Pierce was a newborn. While we went through the phase of colorful ones, I love how clean the white looks. Kind of like Jack undershirts: okay to wear alone at home, but only under something, when out.

Jack's undershirt, from Brooks Brothers, here


Pierce wore these all winter under overalls and a polo... it all about the layers

This is about as much decoration as I like on his onesies:
Kissy Kissy Days of the Week Onesies, available here. A bit of a splurge at $95 and knowing me, I would never have my days straight.


Embroidered Onesies, Carter's.
These, and all Carter's onesies, available here.

I was amused when my sister came over with the sleeveless onesie. I envision him wearing it with jeans, and a tattoo.
Carter's sells them in the summer, and these are from Petite Bateau, $22 for 2.
(They also have polo bodysuits on sale here, and accept Paypal- so smart.)

This ensemble would be perfect for riding this gift from his Godfather:


Because it important to instill a love of Motorcycles at a young age. Riiight. My First (and last!) Harley Davidson, $64.99 here.

My baby can beat up your honor student.

At one of our first play dates, a mother of three told me that 16 months was one of the most difficult ages because they are not yet toddlers, just "babies with attitude". Infants this age have a tendency to crash, both physically and emotionally, and cannot communicate well verbally. This makes it quite difficult for us, trying to meet their every need while having only a vague clue of what they want. Oh right: to be picked up/put down, remotes, cellphones and whatever we are eating.

As we are entering this stage I can't help but laugh as I see Pierce wobbling down the halls like he owns the place, wearing his tough-guy onesie. I want to encourage his inquisitive and determined nature, maximize the joy and minimize the frustration of this exciting and trying time.

Xoxo,
Jenny


2 comments:

  1. I think maybe it's the chewing on the letters that remind me of Pierce.
    I would like to see a picture of Pierce strutting around like he owns the place, rocking his tough guy onsie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will send- he is fast and my blackberry is so, so slow.

    ReplyDelete