Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer hours


No sitter until tonight so I have to make this nap time count. As I look at the clock I am reminded of the beloved summer hours I enjoyed when I was working in an office. We all came to work at 8 instead of 8:30 in exchange for Friday afternoon off at 1 (or was it 1:30?). Around 11 everyone started getting a little antsy- hungry and anxious to be sure we got out the door at the designated time, if at all possible. Despite the "no meetings on Friday" rule, we often had them or were stuck trying to get proposals to a client or a stack of purchase orders in the mail before the weekend.

So, lets quit procrastinating, finish up for the week and get out and enjoy this summer while it is still here.



Oh, and to round out my fully-realized Michigan summer, I helped my sister-in-law make cherry jam yesterday. We spread it on toast this morning with cream cheese and it tasted like cherry cheese cake.

Divine.

Have a great weekend!

Xox,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment