Monday, July 11, 2011

Fantasy Island


Another treasure from said cousin's house. I have been searching and searching for one for my very own. Might just have to go back to the island itself to find it...

If you have ever flown into St. Barths , you know the terror that can accompany the last daunting leg of your journey. You ride in an airplane the size of a jeep with an engine that sounds like a lawn mower flown by an pilot who might be 18 year old. Did I mention the windows are open? And the landing strip in minuscule.

Of course, all your fears go out that open window when you lay eyes on this charmed island, knowing that your vacation has already begun.

Jack and I went to St. Barths two years ago with his family for his cousin, Palmer's, wedding. Palmer is quite the artist herself and frequently featured on her younger sister, Lilly's, website.

She lives in LA, and is a decorative painter. Here is a floor she did:
Photo by Lilly Weekes

You can see more of her inspired works here.

Upon arrival in St. Barths, all of the guests were given an assortment of goodies in these welcome bags that Palmer designed and silk screened. I abuse my bags so this is perfect for the summer because you can throw it in the wash.


The wedding was beautiful. They were married in this little white church in Gustavia:

Photo by Karl Weatherly

The bridesmaids wore the Calypso Pazzi Dress in jewel tones with contrasting colorful sashes:

I almost bought this for myself but it was a tad too short on me. I found a few colors still available, on sale, on their website, along with this dress that I quite like:


Calypso Tie Neck Maxi Dress, here for $175. Here is another one I also love that is on sale:

Bengal Printed Caftan, $169

You know I love my caftans...

And look, Calypso has a line at Target! May have to pick up this little frock, if it isn't too short...

Calypso St. Barth for Target Print Dress in Turquoise, $36.99 here. I love their dresses for little girls too. You've done it again, Target (soft "g" and silent "t", please)

The groomsmen wore Vans that Palmer painted with palm trees using fabric markers.


How great are these!
You can check out their new colors here.

Their shoes matched their ties. Hooray!

And yours truly wore this lovely Milly dress that I bought at that fun Neiman Marcus store called Cusp.


I am convinced that when Michelle Smith designed this dress she was thinking "St. Barths Wedding"

After the first dance (that would rival any number by Johnny and Baby), Palmer changed into a white empire mini dress with a full and flirty skirt and we all celebrated until the wee hours on the dance floor on the beach.

It was our first trip to St. Barths and hopefully will not be our last.

Xoxo,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment