Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cape me away

Our next adventure begins tomorrow, when we head with my family to the Cape for a week. My mom grew up going to Cape Cod in the summer and we went a couple of times throughout my childhood.


Yes, that is me, on the right. Red shorts. Can we talk about those sailor hats? The Lacoste madness? David in all of his patchwork glory? The "Sea Dog" photo is quite famous in our family. I only wish my mom was in it but of course she was taking the picture.

I am looking forward to a relaxing week. Last year it rained for the first couple of days and we took some day trips. Our first was to the Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory.


The highlight of the factory tour was the gift shop- or, specifically, this little number. I was tempted to have Pierce wear this as his Halloween costume, my little potato chip- or, I guess- my little bag of potato chips. I resisted.

More trips may be in the cards, though I am just as happy sitting on the porch reading or even working.

A few things I am looking forward to...


We played this when I was young and I was so happy to find the same version before our trip last year. You have to love any game with a single, pure objective: world domination. Hours of family fun! I bought mine at Target, though you can get it here.


We ate so much of this tasty crustacean last year that I don't think I have had it since. I never thought it was possible to overdo it on the lobster but combined with with mayo at lunch and butter at dinner, every day, your body eventually starts fighting back. Or maybe we were just rookies.


Sundae School has the best homemade ice cream. I would love for them to recreate this so I can try all of the flavors.


Beach baby.

Despite what they say...


We loved Pierce's infantile male pattern baldness.

While I doubt any of us will be able to relax that much on the beach with El Diablito running free, there is something so healing about the salt air, no? Hopefully we will have some good beach days to frolic in the surf and build castles in the sand.

For Pierce to knock down, of course.

Xoxo,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment