Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin spice


Halloween, c. 1986

(That's me, in the middle, with my siblings.)

Last year, I had quite ambitious plans for Halloween.  Pierce was eight months old and this was my first opportunity to dress him up in costume.  I wanted him to be a little Greek in a toga (read: pillow case).

Not only was I a Classics minor in college (though it sounds so...um, minor, when I put it that way), but I loved the idea of making my own costume- original, inexpensive, and easy.

And yet, I was having difficulty finding infant gladiator sandals in late October and worried that the toga might get cold.  It was standing in the fake plant aisle at Michael's, holding up the jagged plastic ivy I was considering for his headpiece, that I decided to take a trip up the elevator to check out the costumes available at Marshall's. 


 The selection was very picked-over as it was only a day or two before Halloween, but I did spot this cute pumpkin costume for about $15.  Sold!


(2010)

It was size 2T which was way to big for Pierce but was that much cuter being so over-sized, especially as he was not very mobile at this time anyway.

Lucky for us, I still love the costume and it fits him perfectly this year.  I opted for leggings instead of tights as they are warmer.


(2011)

Jack is going to wear his black tie dress pants with an orange shirt and green sweater.  

Don't hate me because I coordinate.

Pierce reminds me of Luigi running round in his leggings and onesie.

He is napping now, but we are going to hit the neighborhood when he wakes up.  My mom bought him a pumpkin bucket for candy, which will look cute next to himself, the larger pumpkin, and will be helpful for gathering sweets to bring home for yours truly.  I doubt Pierce really knows what is going on, but he always loves a party and seems to enjoy being in costume.


That's my boy.

Happy Halloween!

Xox,
Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment