Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just snappy

Image via Pinterest


I love photo booths.  I can never resist them, and thus opted not to have one at our wedding as I would surely have spent the entire night in it.

So you can imagine my excitement when I walked by Judy Maxwell, a new store at 1151 N. State Street, and saw this in the window:


Named for the character Barbara played in the movie, What's Up Doc?, and less than a week old, this quirky little store sells a mix of everything.


(Yes, that Barbra.  Was there any question?)


Apparently we all need to watch this movie right now.

Ms. Maxwell's inventory includes, but is not limited to...

Toys:


These cars were a hit with PKB and the parts are interchangeable.

Furniture:


Quite like this settee. And how fun would that lemon Popsicle painting be in a playroom or kitchen?  It kind of reminds me of a Wayne Thiebaud painting...

Cakes, 1963

(Like all desserts, the bigger the better.)

Along those lines...candy:


Jumbo dots and gummies.  How have I missed these?


Art:



Like these colorful little rocks carved out of books by a local artist.

Vintage kitchen wares:


Stage sets:


Along with this cute wagon filled with bouncy balls (also a hit with the mister)

And old records:


I would have bought this if I wasn't certain that my mother already owned it.

The counter was salvaged from an old ice cream parlour and the floor is covered in astro turf.  What's not to love?


You can be sure Pierce and I will be ducking in for a quick pic every time we pass by.  Those vintage booths take the best photos, no?


Xox,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment