Friday, October 14, 2011

Puddle jumpers


It was rainy yesterday and after a very active morning at home, a delicious lunch and nap, Pierce woke up with a bad case of cabin fever.  He needed to get out of the house.


There was quite an aggressive drizzle at this point, and park was without another soul in sight.  Pierce donned his raincoat and made quite a mess of himself and, as my sister pointed out, learned the cold hard truth about the discomforts of wet denim.  It's a cruel world.

He was wearing his Crocs and socks which were muddy and soaked by the time we left so now I am on the hunt for toddler wellies in tangerine to compliment his raincoat.

Because of course they have to match.

I found this cute orange pair by a company called Bergstein based in Holland. 



After a little searching I discovered that they are available stateside at a store in New York, just not in his size...

I love all of their fun colors, as seen in the photo above, and the simple and timeless design.



Also quite like this version by Aigle 


and, of course, Hunter's wellies, but I am really digging the white sole.


Okay, this pair by CeLaVi might be my favorite.  Having trouble locating a retailer of this style though...

Starting at $50, these are all a bit of an investment.  Yet worth it if Pierce can play in the rain with warm dry feet.

That being said, these less expensive versions are well reviewed and come in a bunch of colors (just not orange):


Crocs Jaunty Rain Boots.  I love this springy green.


And this simple happy little frog version by Uda won me over with his sweet smile.

Not sure which boot I should go for yet, and will have to consult my team of experts this weekend.

Thankfully, though, the sun is shining today.

Xox,
Jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment