Monday, September 26, 2011

Footsie

A bit of a rainy weekend here in the windy city.  En route to the park on Saturday I noticed a sign for an estate sale and had to pop in to take a look.

I actually did not buy anything that day- we have no room and I know Vivi would not be pleased- but had to double back on Sunday because if certain things were still available, and possibly half off, then surely they were meant to be mine.  

Such as this charming footed pitcher I picked up for $4.


I am a sucker for footed pitchers- actually, I quite like anything with its own built-in perch.

Hence my small collection of cake plates:
Doily Cake Stand, from Anthro, c. 2007ish

Tiffany's Cake Plate. 

Perfect for the 9" 3-layer jobby I bought for Pierce's Birthday from Sweet Mandy B's.  Vanilla and vanilla- the only way to go.  Especially when being consumed by hand...

Our trifle bowl:


A wedding gift I registered for, from Tiffany's, c. 2006

I have never made a trifle, or used this bowl.  Though a few summers ago we decided to bring a seven layer dip to a friends deck party.   I got the idea to put it in a trifle bowl from the photos on Allrecipes.com.  Did I really need a recipe for seven layer dip?   I like to cross reference.

I found this trifle bowl on Amazon and we made the dip- so proud of ourselves we even photographed it.


Of course, this is the most absurd way to serve seven layer dip as if you even attempt to get all seven, or even four, layers on a chip your hand ends up covered in a cheesy-salsa-sour-creamy-guaca mess.  We ended up scooping it into smaller bowls, though I think they appreciated the presentation- and hopefully the bowl.  It even had a lid.  Bonus!

When registering for our wedding I couldn't resist this little thing-a-ma-bob from Tiffany's that we used for the first time this summer and broke.  Wha wha.  

Also c. 2006, though I couldn't find it on their website, along with anything I have included here.  Curious...

And these pitchers- I have received and given as gifts over the years.  






I love this William Yeoward pitcher- another wedding gift tht we have yet to christen.




This Juliska pitcher is one of my favorite things to give.  You know who you are- I'm getting there...



Fun footed finds featured in Elle Decor!


At the farmers market I picked up some dahlias and euctalyptus for my mom and arranged them in my new pitcher for her.  I am obsessed with Dahlia's after seeing a show of them at the Botanic Garden on Saturday.  


I would love to see a bunch of these in my mom's Lalique Dampierre vase:


Okay, time to get to work!

Xoxo,
Jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment