Friday, September 16, 2011

Mag mile




Moving is the pits.

I have mentioned before that I am a border-line hoarder and nothing is so true as when it comes to my magazines.

I know I am not alone

I did a major purge about two years ago, the likes of which I dare not confess here.  Not to spare you minimalist who might scoff at my keeping years (decades!) of shelter magazines- but for those like myself, and the sinking pit in their...your... stomachs when they/you learn of the hundreds I threw away in a fit of panicked purging.


Though, before ditching all of my beloved glossies to make room for baby (hooray!) and selling our place (ugh!), I would sit on the couch and go though them, dozens at a time, ripping out pages I liked and put them in sleeves in a binder.  Sometimes I only pulled a single page.

That being said, I almost squealed with delight (ahem, almost) upon opening a box of Pampers Swaddlers (size 1) to discover my House and Gardens and Dominos.  

I could completely justify keeping these mags as they had both folded, and I knew I might not ever see their wonderful photographs again.

My uber-organized sister-in-law, Vivi, has been helping me unpack.  She was here all last weekend with one of my other sisters-in-law, the chef, who was kind of her organizing sous chef, while my sister watched Pierce.  It takes a village.

Vivi sent a list of things for me to do before she returns this weekend, um, tomorrow!  I have my work cut out for me.   Last night I organized my House and Garden's (on the list), by color (not on the list), on the shelf where they will live, temporarily.


(I don't know why they were so afraid of blue.  And Kelly Green would be nice here.)

I miss you, H&G- and could not resist ordering you again when I saw this post by Jenny from LGN earlier this week.  

Though what she did not clarify was that this was the British version of House and Garden

I'll take what I can get, and signed up for a few.

Okay, got to get cracking.  And again...

Xox,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment