Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Southbound

Please forgive my spotty posting- you know I like things busy but this past week+ has been one for the books and I don't see it slowing down any time soon because... we are moving.

I have held out on sharing this- wanted to wait until everything was signed, sealed and delivered--and wary of blogosphere karma-- but our place is under contract.

Not "sold"-- let's not start popping the Moët quite yet-- but "under contract".

I am a realist and a decorator- hope for the best, expect the worst- or something like that.

Fingers crossed (and maybe a quiet little rah rah fist pump!)

And speaking of decorating- the buyers saw our place before it was staged.  So my ego is back in tact-- at least what is left of it.

We close, hopefully, in a week and a half and are moving on Friday to an apartment in the Near North neighborhood of Chicago, not to be mistaken with the far North (mid North?), or Lakeview, where we live currently (don't be fooled- I see no lake).


Our new neighborhood is also called the Gold Coast but that sounds a bit flashy, no?  Have you read this wonderful book?  The title is not referring to Chicago's Gold Coast, mind you, but Long Island's- now that sounds fancy.

I read Dante's Inferno in college.  I loved it and actually read every word of the book but cannot, for the life of me, remember which level of hell "moving" fell into.  I can guarantee it was pretty close to the center core of the burning afterlife- mostly because there are so many levels of said hell within a move itself.

But we all know that.  

So please bear with me for the next week or so- I will continue posting as I can but may be *gasp* without Internet for a few days here and there.

And might be a tad busy packing... or unpacking.  

Or procrastinating, as I am now.


Xox,
Jenny






No comments:

Post a Comment