Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Feeling blue

One of the fun things about a rental is being in a new kitchen. This might annoy a serious chef, but that, I am not. I am especially into these pots and pans, though confess, I have not actually used them.


I have seen this pattern before and have always liked- it is surprisingly light and seems very durable and easy to clean, with its baked on enamel finish..

And accessible.

A quick search for "blue splatter pots" eventually lead me to my beloved Amazon where they sell this Enamelware, in a number of colors, for much less than I would have guessed. Oh, and this pattern is Blue Marble, not splatter.

While an entire set of this might be quite a commitment, a few serving pieces would look good on any table, especially during the summer months. I love the idea of this bowl with a huge salad- so very colorful.

They also remind me of these plates I bought for my brother from Anthropologie a few years ago.


He assured me that they are safe and sound, still packed in the box I gave them to him in, unused. I try.

Okay, off to town, then work then back to the beach.

Oh, and another perk to the rental- other peoples' books!


This one is a must for any summer house, and any decorator. I just bought my own copy for under $10, here. Will share images when I am back home, with my scanner...

Xoxo,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. I have had that book for years and Teddy and Silja have marble pattern tea set!

    ReplyDelete