Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wheels


Pierce and I are obsessed with his new ride.

While you know Pierce already has his bike, we have yet to buy him his first car. I know this probably makes us very uncool parents at the sandbox- most of his friends have been driving for months. We don't have space, and our apartment is on the market, and I really don't buy that many toys for Pierce in general. Only now, at 18 months, is he finally showing any interest in the toys he received for his birthday.

He has always preferred outlets and doorstops and cabinets and stairs and the contents of whatever bag I am carrying. And keys- obvi.

Also, we sometimes use our neighbors' car. They have a son a few months older than Pierce and I suspect this was a hand-me-down based on its condition upon arrival.


Okay, and maybe the color too.

Available here, and also in red.

But we only use this to push on the sidewalk outside of our apartment, as any longer journeys require multiple straps and clips to keep him secure- and even then he manages to squirm out of them. Oh, and it still requires an adult to push it--just giving our little ones the illusion of control--because that is what they really need.

So when I was at my family's storage locker a few weeks ago, I could not resist bringing the little punch buggy home. I think it was my sister's, originally. It was made by TOMY, probably in the 70's...


(ya think?)

and is the perfect size for our place.

And I do, truly, think it is important to instill a love of vintage cars at a young age.

Xox,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment