Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cape house

My apologies for not posting yesterday- I was going to make some joke about getting distracted on the beach but you know me better than that...

and my theory about Mondays.

Our internet was down.

The horror!
The nerve!

Rest assured, we survived.

One of the highlights of my days here on the Cape is the walk to get coffee in the morning.

We then stroll through neighborhoods and look at the charming houses, each one prettier than the next, and all with names like 'Pop's House' and 'Windswept' and this little gem:


'Jelly House'



I quite liked this shell covered mailbox. Though upon further inspection it appeared to be inoperable. We didn't force it...




This house has sailboats carved out of the lower shutters and candles out of the upper shutters, welcoming the sailors home


This one, above, might be my favorite










Pierce-sized!






A twist on your typical shingled cape-codder, this more victorian number caught my eye.



Specifically...


You know I was particularly smitten with this, what with my love of birdhouses and dollhouses, and all.

Speaking of houses, I came upon this book in a little shop yesterday and just had to buy it.


Glad to know I am not alone.

I know they say you can't judge a book by its cover... I respectfully disagree.
This cover was worth the $8 I paid for the thing, even if I never read it, and you can find it for around that much, here.

Okay, off to the...


Xoxo,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful houses! One is more charming than the next! Absolutely my favorite style! Have fun! xo Samantha

    ReplyDelete