Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sunny days

Last weekend at the park I was talking to another mother about my issues with TV.

Mostly, that Pierce has no interest in it, whatsoever.  Now don't get me wrong, Pierce loves his books, and I would not want him glued to an episode of Cops for 30 minutes, but perhaps five, even two minutes in front of Dora could not do any harm?  Right?

Pierce turns off the TV as soon as I turn it on.

This woman shared her secret, that, it appears, millions of parents have known for a while.


Sesame Street. 

Duh.

Specifically, the Sesame Street videos her child watches on YouTube, like this charming remix by Feist:

(This makes me want bangs)

Pierce and I watched this at least three times last night, and while he spent much of the time trying to type on the keypad, he sat still for quite a bit of it.

Progress!


I also came across this video.  I remember this song so well from my childhood.



I will always love Madeline Khan.  Not only for her remarkable voice but also for her memorable portrayal of Mrs. White in the movie version of the board game Clue.





I also have a special place in my heart for Grover, the Elmo of the 80's.



Not only for his endearing, inquisitive nature, but also for this timeless classic.


We grew up on Sesame Street.  My mom even made my these charming Sesame Street curtains when she was expecting my older sister, before she knew much about the show:





That would be my brother, in the corner.  So bright and cheery, the curtains were passed down from Annie to me to David.


I have liked the idea of making my own curtains since I saw this post on LGN.  Sheets as curtains- brilliant!




I like the vintage feel of these sheets by Pottery Barn.


Though not much of a DIY'er myself, I imagine a seamstress could retrofit these puppies as curtains for a fraction of the cost of custom.


Okay, time to get to work.  But just one more song with Judy Collins to take you back...

Xox,
Jenny




No comments:

Post a Comment