Friday, November 11, 2011

Well red


Guy Bourdin

I wear red nail polish throughout the year but like it especially during the holidays.


Like my beloved tartan, there is something very festive about red nails, though I hardly limit myself to special occasions.

While I have been getting manicures since I left college and entered the working world, I don't particularly like getting them.  I hate waiting for them to dry and not being able to use my hands. 



(One upside?  Catching up on my celebrity gossip.)

Somewhere over the years I ventured from one coat of sheer polish to red.  Not too long or too squared off, and never any sparkle.  Just red, in whatever shade appeals to me when I walk into the salon.



No guts, no glory:
Ms. Vreeland had no fear of red, as seen in her Billy Baldwin designed living room.

Red nails seemed to be the norm half a century ago, though in so many photos they are concealed with gloves!



Mark Shaw photograph, 1955



This desperate housewife never skimps on style.



Marilyn, of course



A young Joan Collins in her pink bedroom with her matching pink poodle.



And of course, the Hitchcock heroine.


While there are so many aspects of our appearence that we cannot control, this one we can.  


Right?


Right.

Xox,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment